Random Musings at 50
September 9, 2010 /
- God matters the most. Get your life in line with His plan, centered on Jesus, His only Son.
- People matter the next-most. We wrap our lives up with so much “stuff”, and we have so many gadgets, and often find ourselves spending a lot of time in our own little cocoons (ahem…blogging…). But we have in this life a golden opportunity to do things that take on eternal significance (read Jesus’ words in Matthew 6), and so many of them involve the way we interact with—and influence—people.
- One of the secrets of life is to find the right balance. It’s true in ministry, and it’s true in life. Here’s a guy who didn’t practice this principle:
- Time flies—and I mean, it really, really flies. I knew 50 would come one day, if Jesus tarried and my health was good, but I had no idea that it would come so quickly.
- And as one of my final posts will suggest, since life does fly, can I urge you to live it? Live life. You only get one go-round on this earth. And you get no points for knowing who’s won Dancing with the Stars every season.