Random Musings at 50
September 9, 2010 /
- God matters the most. Get your life in line with His plan, centered on Jesus, His only Son.
- People matter the next-most. We wrap our lives up with so much “stuff”, and we have so many gadgets, and often find ourselves spending a lot of time in our own little cocoons (ahem…blogging…). But we have in this life a golden opportunity to do things that take on eternal significance (read Jesus’ words in Matthew 6), and so many of them involve the way we interact with—and influence—people.
- One of the secrets of life is to find the right balance. It’s true in ministry, and it’s true in life. Here’s a guy who didn’t practice this principle:
- Time flies—and I mean, it really, really flies. I knew 50 would come one day, if Jesus tarried and my health was good, but I had no idea that it would come so quickly.
- And as one of my final posts will suggest, since life does fly, can I urge you to live it? Live life. You only get one go-round on this earth. And you get no points for knowing who’s won Dancing with the Stars every season.
I’ve really enjoyed your blog over the years. If you decide to ‘pull a Favre’ there will be no complaints from moi.
BTW the Expert video is a spoof from The Onion, if you squint really hard and look into the left corner you can see it.
To quote Rich Mullins: Life is short so live it and I promise you’ll get beat up. But in the end the cuts, scratches and bruises won’t matter much. It will matter if you don’t live.
The peace of Christ to you.
That was hilarious, even if it was a spoof!