Christianity Today has put together a quiz, not on partisan politics, but simply measuring where a person is regarding the church’s involvement in politics:

The Church and Politics Quiz

I took it, and I’d bet my readers would be surprised what I scored, what quadrant I fell into. If you’re a regular reader:

A. Go take the test and score yourself;
B. Report back as to what quadrant you fell into;
C. Hazard a guess as to which one you think I fall into.

I’m interested to see if the way I come across on the blog reflects how I answered the questions.

1. I scored a bull’s eye. A 34 and a 33. If I fall into a quadrant, I guess it’s slightly into the Quiet Critic.

I’m also guessing that you are in that category, too, as it relates to the church.

-Matt

2. I take that back, having read the other options. You might be a Private Patriot.

-Matt

3. Dave Carlson says:

i am just off the bullseye in quiet critic. However, as I could see what the questions where intending, and as I could’nt give another answer – it is kind of ambiguous. e.g. I would suggest a differnt song for the choir. We have a flag up all the time (going back to WWII I think, this is a 102 year old church) but I would just as soon not…etc.

Aren’t you a Thumpin theocrat! No probably not

4. Hefe says:

Quiet Critic here, which seems right on with he values of the church we are planting.

The summation….sums it up. “From this perspective, the church best shares the gospel by being an alternative community that models Christian love.”

A lot of this quiz seems to represent the various positions from Neihbur’s “Christ & Culture” book.

5. Graham says:

I’m just about a Quiet Critic, but close to Radical Reformer.

I wanted to be a Thumpin’ Theocrat.

6. Flash McDirt says:

I scored a 32 and 36, which puts me just into the Private Patriot quadrant. If I had to guess, I’d say you probably landed in the same quadrant.

7. Derlin says:

Another Quiet Critic here, almost a Private Patriot. I’d put you close to a QC.

8. josh says:

… looks like a politically disengaged- private patriot here…

Apparently I’m firmly in the Politically Disengaged hemisphere scoring 21 for part one, but leaning slightly more toward Quiet Critic than Private Patriot, although anyone who knows me would tell you I’m not usually quiet about much of anything. Byron, my guess is that your score was similar.

OK, now that you’ve taken your turns guessing, I got a 31/31 score, putting me sort of in the middle, but firmly inside the “Quiet Critic” camp.

11. sherry says:

I scored a 25/35 which makes me a Quiet Critic (dd says “almost a private patriot”)

Fun to see how many QC’s are here!