Chances are that most of my current friends aren’t even aware that way back in 1990, I was on the game show Scrabble, with Chuck Woolery.  I appeared on three episodes, and took home what was, for that time, some decent smack.  I won’t ruin the surprise for you, but finally, after all these years, my friend Mike is digitizing my videos, preserving forever (or at least as long as I care) family videos, as well as these gems.  I realize fully that by posting these, I identify myself as a glutton for punishment, seeing as I fully expect abuse from many of you, but hey, anything to entertain my friends…

1. Ed Martin says:

You had a smaller forehead then.

2. jen says:

We totally enjoyed these!!! LOL

3. Laurie says:

Wow – I never knew you were a celebrity! Very impressive!

• Byron says:

Yeah, if a few minutes on a long-defunct game show qualifies me…but that’s lowering the “celebrity” bar pretty low, isn’t it?

4. Hefe says:

It’s more that some “celebrities” have ever done to be famous…*cough*parishilton*cough*

5. Laurie says:

The “celebrity” bar gets lower all the time, just check out all the so called “reality” shows – Scrabble looks pretty good next to present day standards.

6. Mark Merritt says:

Bryon,

Oops
    I mean

Byron, I love how you corrected Mr Woolery when he called you Bryon! Imagine how goofy it would have been if he kept calling you Bryon. Oh wait, he did it again near the end!

I think he did that just to give you a jab for correcting him on his own show.

LOL

M

• Byron says:

Yeah, now that I look back on it, I was a little snotty-nosed punk for doing that, although he turned it into something pretty funny, when it was all said and done. Couldn’t have bothered him too bad; in the parking lot afterward, he was leaving when I and my friend were, and he happily obliged when I called on him to pose for a picture with me! He’s a genuinely nice guy.

7. Mary Beth says:

It was fun to see this again. I think my family still has a tape of it as well. It is even funnier remembering that Susan accidently taped over her wedding video with these shows!

• Byron says:

I still consider that fact, on the part of Suz, to be the ultimate compliment. I never, never knew that our friendship meant so much to her. I treasure the fact that she’d go to such lengths just to get me on video. What a true, close friend.

8. Flash McDirt says:

Some might even say that speaks Freudian volumes…