At Walk Thru the Bible training this week, I met Ken, who is badly in need of some tutoring on “Southernisms”.

1. Flash McDirt says:

I just noticed that, especially when you are very close to the camera, you are really starting to resemble Terry Bradshaw.

And I even think he also suffers from whatever malady causes hands to constantly move in front of the camera.

But the forehead….

It’s just uncanny.

2. sherry says:

hmmm….and I always thought this exchange was exclusive to pixburgers..

“jeetjet?”

“no, jew?”

Ah, and one other comment, Yankees say “ommina” instead of “ima” Not quite the same level of economy of syllables but there you go.

Meanwow….yunz southerners have WAY too much time on yer hans.

3. Chris says:

For some strange reason, I’m hearing the Styx song “Too Much Time on my Hands” in my head….

4. Jack Brooks says:

You are the worst, most off-target, incompetent, tongue-tied, delusional nincompoop ever! Bless your heart.

(That last part makes everything else OK).

• Byron says:

I totally FORGOT “bless your heart!” I did this very quickly last night (no, Chris, didn’t take that much time at all, and I SURE don’t have much on my hands these days!). Can’t believe I forgot that. You’re right; it is the universal righter of all wrongs. You can say anything you want about a person, but if you end with, “bless his heart”, it makes it all OK.

Put your life in another man’s hands, asked him to put his in yours? We use words like Creation…Fall…Flood…we use these words as the backbone of the Walk Thru the Bible Old Testament seminar.

6. TJ says:

Flash wrote: “…you are really starting to resemble Terry Bradshaw.” Perhaps, but I believe you ALREADY resemble Jack Nicholson. By the way, have you ever served in an infantry unit or served in a forward area . . .?

You want answers?!

I want the truth.

You can’t handle the truth! Bless your heart!

8. Laurie says:

I wish I’d seen this before I met my husband’s relatives in Alabama for the first time!

I was confused when someone asked me to “mash” a button, and “cut off” the light. Everyone is “all y’all”, and I was tickled when offered a “cathead biscuit”, horrified when asked if I wanted some “mud bugs”.

At a family reunion we heard that Nita “quit” Shelly. She divorced him.

My son, who was born and raised in California, went to get a haircut and when asked by the good ‘ol boys hanging out there if he was for Alabama or Auburn, said he didn’t know; whereupon he was told he must choose. They take football seriously here in the South.