Dobson vs. McCain

Calmly read Parableman’s explanations. When you use your brain to think things through, you see how warped Dobson is on this one.

Update: And here’s the Wall Street Journal’s take, also cogent and dead-on.

1. McCain may not be perfect but since Byron decided to sit this one out, there are no perfect candidates.

I like the idea of a McCain/Huckabee ticket because it brings sensible social conservatives into the voting booth on the Republican side. I like McCain over Hillary/Obama anyway (and Ann Coulter aside, this is the main issue of the 08 campaign).

I want to put your mind at ease, Warren; I have not, I repeat, I have not, ruled out a presidential bid in 2012.

3. Hey good to see you made it home safely.

Well, that is good news; however, if Huck is the Veep and McCain says one term is enough, I think Huck will be hard to beat.

4. PS – If Hillary or Obama get elected then we probably won’t have to worry about things like voting. Brush up on your Arabic and Sharia law…

5. Jane says:

Does this bourkha make me look fat?

6. The Club for Growth would go ballistic if McCain picked Huckabee as his running mate. He needs someone who is socially and fiscally at least as conservative as he is, preferably a governor, but it ideally should be someone who isn’t viewed as an ideologue.

7. Graham says:

The London “Times” suggested that Mcain might choose Gen. Petraeus as his running mate.

With all due respect to the London “Times”, I think that’s a preposterous notion.

9. john peters says:

None of this behavior by Dobson is new. He’s long fancied himself a GOP kingmaker, or at least a princemaker.

Don’t me wrong, because I respect and admire much of what Dobson’s done in his life. Unfortunately, he long ago reached a point where he felt he was the spokesman for the religious right, threatening Congress members and even potential presidential candidates to do as he says or he’ll take his votes home.

Yeah, I know, but he’s really gone off the deep end on this one.