And his name is Ronald Weinland. He’s the pastor of “God’s Church”. Ronald WeinlandApparently, this dude was with Herbert W. Armstrong’s Worldwide Church of God cult (which is no longer a cult, a wonderful thing!). And now, he’s written a book on how our time is up here on Planet Earth; apparently, 2008 has come and tttttthaat’s all, folks! Here’s a link where you can download the book for free (of course, you get what you pay for…):

2008: God’s Final Witness

Here’s what his page says:
Although the Church of God has not been accustomed to having a prophet for nearly 1900 years, God made him a prophet in 1997.

Shoot, somehow I missed that for over 10 years.

My, oh my, the silliness that is out there in Jesus’ name.

Comment navigation

1. Look, you all can just be all smug and sassy, but I am now in a real pickle. I made a little side investment which is now a mess unless someone steps up and takes over the wacky “End Times Prophet” gig.

I have lots of tee-shirts that say

“2012 or Bust”
    “RW is my End Times Home Boy”
    “I survived the Second Trumpet”

and my fave

“Told You So!”

Not to mention the CDs, movie deals, etc., that now have fallen through.

PS – Byron, I have already reported RW to the Better Prophets Bureau. You can take care of Citizen X if he doesn’t come forward with evidence.

2. Hold the presses. Citizen X has finally declared Weinland to be a false prophet.

But he’s keeping his blog going as a haven for the deluded from virulent anti-Weinlanders like Byron and the rest of us 😀

3. Here is the link to Citizen X’s post

Money quote:

I simply cannot accept that a prophet of God would utter such a vast pronouncement that had no basis in fact whatsoever. Regardless of whether God granted more time, or is trying to teach a lesson, it appears inconceivable that he would allow a representative of his to utter such a sweeping prediction that did not come true in any aspect or form. The God of the Bible would not do that, and one must remain true to him first – man comes second.

• Byron says:

I congratulate Citizen X. My only surprise was that he took so long, but if he was busy with other things, I can understand that. This is a mark of integrity; if he wants to keep providing a forum for the hopelessly-deluded, he’s sure free to do that. I’m not sure what that gains him, but perhaps he/others posting there will be able to help the Kool-Aid drinkers to see the light. Good luck, though; Kool-Aid is addictive.

4. Laurie says:

Warren, you crack me up!

Yay for Citizen X! I too, congratulate you for making a public statement regarding RW’s claim of being God’s prophet. You gave him the benefit of the doubt longer than we did, but when this last deadline came and went with no evidence to confirm his prophecies, you stepped forward and chose to put God first.

You’ll lose some of your subscribers, the die-hard Kool-Aid drinkers, but that’s probably a good thing. They didn’t have any answers anyway, all they wanted to do was refer people to RW’s website, and talk about how sure they are that God showed them RW is His prophet. Without them, maybe the undecideds will be able to have a more constructive conversation about their doubts.

5. Greg says:

Citizen X!!!!
    All I have to say is”I commend you bro!!!”
    I am glad to see someone willing to stand for right, even if it is deferent than they first thought. there are less and less people who are willing to do what you did.
    thank you.

greg

Notice now the response, on the part of the Kool-Aid drinkers, to Citizen X’s reasoned decision: they’re abandoning ship. Guess they feel “dirty” now reading Weinland Witness.

Of course, Maritimes Canada hasn’t had the guts to back up what he falsely said about this blog with any proof. Raise your hand if you’re surprised…truth doesn’t matter to these dear folks.

My only difference with Citizen X is one I referred to in my post of October 9. I do not believe that one must wait until a prophecy comes to pass/fails to come to pass in order to label a prophet “false”, because I don’t believe that prophecy is the sole test of a prophet. I believe that right doctrine is another valid test, and Mr. Weinland’s doctrine is hellish and false, following in the footsteps of Herbert W. Armstrong, a sincere man who was sincerely wrong, particularly in his Christology (not to mention his out-of-whole-cloth idea called “British Israelism”). My for-instance still stands in that regard: suppose a “prophet” came making prophecies, the first of which was not destined to come to fruition for 10 years, say. Suppose also that he was a Mormon. Is he not, automatically, a false prophet, because his doctrine is false? Of course he is; I don’t have to wait for 10 years with an “open mind” to determine that.

As I also stated then, if an orthodox believer made prophecies, a person whose theology and practice were utterly Biblical, then I believe Citizen X’s standard is valid: I’d be a bit skeptical, to be sure, only because I can’t think of any such instances (orthodox believers tend not to do such things, unless you count the speculations of Jack VanImpe types, but even those speculations don’t rise to the level of Weinland-type “prophecies”), but I’d withhold final judgment, sure.

Ron Weinland disqualified himself long ago by holding to doctrines of demons. We can only pray for the folks who have gulped his Kool-Aid, that they’ll become disillusioned with this charlatan, open their eyes to his many, many equivocations, and being sincere people, turn to the truth of Christ.

7. Misfit says:

Nice, Citizen X. It’s good to know that you are a man of your word afterall.

May the peace of Christ be with you.

8. Laurie says:

There’s actually an honest discussion going on at TWW. I’m so impressed!

Citizen X is actively involved in the conversation and doing a great job explaining his position on RW.

It’s a whole new day at The Weinland Witness.

Comment navigation