“Sometimes it is hard for us to grasp that God wants us to prosper in every way…God wants us to prosper financially, to have plenty of money, to fulfill the destiny He has laid out for us. One of the most important Biblical principles that shows us how to prosper is the principle of sowing and reaping…

“People tell me, ‘Joel, He is God. If He wants to bless me, He can.’ Friend, God works by laws. You can’t expect to reap a harvest without first planting your seeds. If you will be faithful and do what God is asking you to do, God will do His part. Don’t let the enemy deceive you into holding on to your seed–get it into the ground!” Joel Osteen, Ministry letter 2005

“Christ calls me to carry a cross; we call them to have fun in his name. He calls them to forsake the world; we assure them that if they but accept Jesus the world is their oyster. He calls them to suffer; we call them to enjoy all the bourgeois comforts modern civilization affords…He calls them to holiness; we call them to a cheap and tawdry happiness that would have been rejected with scorn by the least of the Stoic philosophers…we can afford to suffer now; we’ll have a long eternity to enjoy ourselves. And our enjoyment will be valid and pure, for it will come in the right way in the right time.” A.W. Tozer – Born After Midnight

1. Ken Silva says:

*planting tongue in cheek*

Just a little bit of a contrast, eh? 😉

Have you seen this:

Joel Osteen Helping Mormons Become A Better You

Teensy bit, yes…

3. Don in Texas says:

This is good. I see that three people have read it already. four, counting me. I am praying that you will reach at least six people. God bless you.

4. Ken Silva says:

Placed this up on my Christian Research Net in prayerful hopes it’ll widen it’s viewing. 🙂

I love the blinky Osteen graphic. I-monk uses it. Cracks me up every time.

I think Tozer’s remarks demonstrate substantially what a theological lightweight Osteen really is.

6. Ken Silva says:

Don in the country of Texas,

The Lord be praised, you’d be surprised at the reach. 🙂

7. Rho says:

Hi Don and Ken,
    Yes,it’s even reached Denmark!How much we need this message here…so much gets transported from America and swallowed whole without much discernment. People just want something ‘that works’ (fills the pews..)It’s tough going over here, and it¨s a great encouragement having solid teaching from the likes of macarther, Paul Washer et al available over the net. Thanks all of you

8. Ken Silva says:

Rho,

The Lord be praised! Greetings from the States. One of the pastors on my board of directors is about to go over to Peru and do some work with Paul Washer.

I don’t know if you knew but this is pastor Byron’s website. And if I can do anything to assist just click on my name. Blessings in Christ.